Snapchat Snap Map
Tesco Bags of Help
Change of INSET Day
Year Six Lea Green Residential 2017
This year some children will be using Lexia Reading Core5®, a fun computer-based program that has helped millions of students. The activities in Core5 support and build on our classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Lexia Reading Core5 works by:
- Assessing a starting point that fits his or her needs and works using online activities throughout the week.
- Online activities include direct instruction and feedback as your child learns new skills.
- Progress and performance in the program is reported to teachers, to enable them to provide help when needed.
- Paper-and-pencil activities are also used for practice and may be done in school or taken home.
- Achievement certificates will be sent home to celebrate success and to show progress in the program.